Bitcoin wallets have made lives easier. If you are a beginner looking for a user-friendly bitcoin wallet, we’re here to inform you that all bitcoin wallets are easy to use; you just need to start using them.
When choosing a user-friendly bitcoin wallet for yourself, you should ensure that the wallet is secure and uses all the safety measures. In this guide, let’s quickly discuss the types of crypto wallets and the security measures you should take to keep a user-friendly bitcoin wallet safe.
The Main Types of Bitcoin Wallets
In this section, we’ll quickly go through the types of bitcoin wallets:
Hardware Bitcoin Wallet
A hardware bitcoin wallet is a physical thing. This type of wallet is considered highly secure, making it the best user-friendly bitcoin wallet for those who want to store their virtual assets securely.
Software Bitcoin Wallet
Popularly known as a hot wallet, a software wallet is an online platform where you can access your bitcoin wallet and trade without downloading anything.
The users cannot control a hosted bitcoin wallet because these wallets can be accessed on a live server. Hackers usually use hosted wallets to track the data of other users. However, these wallets ensure security by taking necessary measures.
Hot Bitcoin Wallet
Hot wallets are not very secure compared to cold wallets. A hot bitcoin wallet uses a protection key, which you can use on your connected device.
Cold Bitcoin Wallet
A cold wallet is also popularly known as a hardware wallet. A cold bitcoin wallet is a user-friendly bitcoin wallet that uses a protection key, but your device doesn’t need to be connected to the Internet. That’s because cold wallets are also usually kept in a physical device.
Decentralized Crypto Wallet
A decentralized crypto wallet is a type of user-friendly bitcoin wallet that only allows the owner to have the protection key. This feature of a decentralized crypto wallet ensures that you don’t have to rely on anyone else to access your bitcoin wallet for you. It also ensures security.
Measures You Should Take to Keep Your Wallet Safe
Here are a few safety practices you should do to ensure your user-friendly bitcoin wallet doesn’t get hacked:
- It would help if you always kept your bitcoin wallet backed up. This ensures that any human error or glitches in your device don’t make you lose your crypto.
- You should keep a small amount of crypto in your user-friendly bitcoin wallet. This ensures that even if your wallet gets hacked, you don’t lose all of your virtual assets.
- To ensure you don’t lose access to your bitcoin wallet, keep your protection key safe and write it down so you don’t forget it.
- Your backup should always be encrypted.
- Make sure that your bitcoin wallet’s password is strong and consists of special characters, numbers, and letters, so it becomes difficult for hackers to crack your password.
We hope that we were able to help you understand the type of bitcoin wallets and the measures you can take to keep your user-friendly bitcoin wallet secure.
If you’re new to it, choosing a commonly used bitcoin wallet will be your best bet. Just make your account on the bitcoin wallet by providing the necessary information and following the instructions, and you’ll be good to go!