HIMSSCast host Jonah Comstock welcomes Sheldon Fields, RN, PhD, a researcher, well being plan analyst, educator and advocate. He serves as Affiliate Dean for Fairness and Inclusion at Penn State, Very first Vice President at the Nationwide Black Nurses Association, and founder and CEO of his have consulting business, the SDF Team. On present-day episode, they converse about some of the existing well being equity problems brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic and how to battle them.
- Dr. Fields’ record as a nurse and tutorial.
- The mission of the Nationwide Black Nurses’ Association,
- How caregiver illustration aligns with care equity.
- Evaluating the COVID-19 pandemic with the HIV/AIDS epidemic.
- How pandemics can illuminate well being disparities.
- The record of health care atrocities in the U.S., and its aftereffects.
- Is vaccine hesitancy as massive an concern as vaccine access?
- How minority nursing associations can support develop vaccine access.
- Wellness equity past the pandemic – together with health care exploration.
- How the NIH’s All of Us initiative has continued through the pandemic.
A lot more about this article:
Nurses You Should really Know
The Nationwide Black Nurses Association
Learn on-desire, make credit history, uncover products and solutions and alternatives. Get Started out >>
Dr. Fields’ PSU Faculty Web page
All of Us
In-depth: Wellness companies harness the electricity of engineering to handle well being disparities all through pandemic
AMA past president Dr. Patrice Harris advocates for equity in the COVID-19 period
AI bias may well worsen COVID-19 well being disparities for men and women of color
NIH All of Us software gearing up for ‘precision engagement,’ Eric Dishman suggests
Human rights regulation can provide a honest, clear framework for vaccine allocations
Deprived census regions are linked to COVID-19 incidence
CVS Wellness, Lyft and YMCA group for equitable access to a COVID-19 vaccination site
Huge tech, digital well being coalition forms to undercut COVID-19 health care disparities
California faucets Blue Defend to oversee an equitable vaccine distribution system