In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Ben Congleton. Ben is the Chief Executive Olarker (CEO) and co-founder of Olark Live Chat. For the last 13 years, he’s helped thousands of organizations communicate with visitors on their websites, including many small businesses.
How can you effectively serve your customer? How can you wow them? How can you show them that you actually care? Real-time communication. Website live chat has evolved an incredible amount since its inception. In this episode, CEO and co-founder of Olark, Ben Congleton, talks about the building of Olark and how they’ve differentiated themself in such a competitive industry.
Questions I ask Ben Congleton:
- [1:21] Would you say Olark was really early on in the live chat space?
- [1:51] What you did do in your previous life that had you want to start a chatbot company?
- [3:27] What was startup life like in 2008?
- [5:16] Was there a point where you started to say, “I think this is gonna work”?
- [7:22] How has chat evolved from a consumer behavior standpoint?
- [11:49] What is the emergence of AI doing to the live chat space?
- [14:38] I’ve noticed a number of the chat-related companies are really focused on driving people to SMS/text – where do you stand on that?
- [18:02] What role does a chat play for somebody that might have sight or hearing impairments that might make the traditional web not as navigable?
- [20:15] You alluded to a few things you’re working on – what’s coming down the pipeline on the roadmap?
- [23:09] Where can people connect with you?
More About Ben Congleton:
Take The Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.