The internet is a fast-evolving space. As a site owner, it is crucial to stay abreast of all the emerging trends to stay ahead of the curve.
However, to assess the extent of competitiveness, it is essential to know certain website traffic statistics. Here are some top website statistics of 2023.
Internet Users Statistics
- In October 2023, there were over 5.3 billion internet users, representing around 65.7% of the world’s population.
- Highlighting the reach of social media platforms, around 61.4% of the global population (4.95 billion people) have social media accounts.
Web Traffic and Content Marketing
- Search engine advertising generates site traffic, and businesses spent around USD 164.6 billion in 2022 on search engine advertising. The projected figures are around USD 190.5 billion by 2024.
- Around 29% of marketers use SEO-optimized sites to reach new customers.
Website Usage and Popularity
- There are a total of 1.11 billion websites in the world. However, 82% of these sites are inactive.
- WordPress is still the leading content management system, powering around 43.2% of all websites.
- Every three seconds, a new site is launched.
Growth of Ecommerce
- Many brick-and-mortar businesses set up online stores during the pandemic. In 2023, nearly 28% of all business is conducted online.
- In industries like entertainment and retail, nearly 60% of businesses already have an eCommerce model since 2021.
- On average, websites convert around 3.68% of site visitors into customers.
- Around 43% of site owners are planning to invest in the performance of their websites in 2023 to boost this number.
- Website load time statistics: Slow-loading pages are still the primary source of frustration for site visitors.
- Around 50% of site visitors believe that the design of the site is essential for the image of the brand. Hence, many site owners have started creating sites focusing on user experience.
- Content marketing remains the most popular way of improving the visibility of a brand. Interestingly, around 73% of respondents in a survey agreed to have a content marketing strategy.
- Video content has been constantly evolving as an effective marketing tool in the digital world.
- In eCommerce, the risk of fraud is still the most significant fear online merchants face.
- People are getting increasingly comfortable sharing some personal details online for a personalised experience or discounts.
- Around 55% of website visits globally happen from mobile devices.
While businesses were working on establishing an online presence, the surge in online purchases during the two pandemic-affected years has made it vital for businesses to have an online presence.
This sets the platform for the optimal performance of your site. Next, go through the trends listed above and create a marketing strategy to boost the visibility of your site.